POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : transparency gradient? : Re: transparency gradient? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:27:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: transparency gradient?
From: Spider
Date: 16 Feb 1999 14:41:06
Message: <36C9C856.9919F4E5@bahnhof.se>
I really agree with you, and it works far better twith filter than with
transmit in a gray/white or a colour mixture other than solid colours.
but, I used red, since I had a red colour_map ready, and because I like
the colour.

//Spider

"Lars W." wrote:

> Hi
>
> I think it the Ken Map would work better if you are not just fading from red to
> transparent red.
> Try to fade to transparent White.
>
> I mean the following
>
> color_map {
>     [0 color rgbf <1,0,0,0>]
>                 ...                            <- i still don't know why it is
> nesscesary to make multiple entrys ?
>     [1 color rgbf <1,1,1,1>]
>     }
The multiple entries in the beginning are made so that it will be solid
at a certain area, Therby preventing a transparenccy in the top, and
colour in the bottom. I still don't understand why mr Tyler did the
multiple entries, but I am sure he had a very good reason to do it.

//Spider