POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Math Stuff Help Needed - Please : Re: Math Stuff Help Needed - Please Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:16:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Math Stuff Help Needed - Please
From: Ken
Date: 14 Feb 1999 22:54:23
Message: <36C79A1E.A0EF6FC@pacbell.net>
Stephen Lavedas wrote:

> Ahh...okay, so the size of the box determines all else..I will work on
> this.. oh, and did you ever think that perhaps the reason you are
> getting lost is because you don't indent and therefore have to spend all
> of your time thinking about where you are in the program?
>
> Steve

I once gave serious consideration to indenting my scene files and
it lasted for at least 5 minutes. I then dismissed it as a complete
waste of time and resources. Below you will see how my scene files
are usualy written. The source I posted to night was layed out straight
for the bennefit of those who just can't stand it any other way. A full
screen of pov script reduced to 3 lines. Neat isn't it ?

 #declare HalfDome_1=union{#declare aa=0;#while(aa<90)#declare bb=0;#while(bb<45)
 box{-.5,.5 scale<.05,1.5,1.5>translate z*-40 rotate z*-2*bb scale<1,1,1.6+pi/90*-bb>
 rotate y*2*aa translate y*.75}#declare bb=bb+1;#end#declare aa=aa+1;#end}

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net