POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : not POV-Ray related, for Australians : Re: not POV-Ray related, for Australians Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: not POV-Ray related, for Australians
From: Doug n' Dinsdale
Date: 12 Feb 1999 01:59:56
Message: <36C3D33C.21D3D7B@networx.net.au>
Hi

Chances are the tape you are trying to send is in NTSC format. Here in
Australia we use a format called PAL. I don't know what they stand for
and I don't want to get into an argument about which is better. But what
I do know is that they are incompatable. However alot of the new VCR's
have they ability to play back NTSC format videos. So if your friend has
a new VCR then you may be in luck. Otherwise your friend may be able to
find someone here who can copy it to PAL for them.

May I enquire which state your friend is in???

Sam