POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : POVWin known bug #Win31-006 : Re: POVWin known bug #Win31-006 Server Time
18 Jun 2024 08:08:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVWin known bug #Win31-006
From: Ken
Date: 10 Feb 1999 09:07:54
Message: <36C1927C.7A47C49@pacbell.net>
Alan Kong wrote:

> This known bug is currently being investigated.
>
> > Subject: POV-Ray 3.1 property bug
> > Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 03:46:44 -0500
> > From: Shaun Mapel <Map### [at] aolcom>
> > Newsgroups: povray.bugreports
>
> Note from A.K. - This is one of at least three reports I've seen about this
> alleged bug. I cannot, however, duplicate it on my system (Windows 95,
> Pentium 200MMX, 64mb, POVWin v3.1a).

> > POV-Ray. Have checked all files but can't seem to find this one.  Minor
> > bug as I see it.  When using the editor in v3.1, right click on editor
> > screen and choose Properties.  This brings up Windows properties that has
> > 4 tabs to it.  When choosing Keyboard get a message: Access violation at
> > address 0098858B in module 'CMAX101.DLL'. Read of address FFFFFFFF

In case this might help you as far as how many people are experiencing
similar problems let me add to the above.

  I too have had a several problems (minor as they are) with CMAX101.DLL
file errors. In all cases they are related to read of addresses ( which
I attribute to the fact I usualy have several files open in the editor at
once). There is nothing I can do to duplicate them and different things
happen at different times.
  Sometimes I lose all of my user settings at program start up, sometimes
I get a read error when trying to scroll up or down in the editor window.
Other times the program crashes or I get a program lock up and have to
use task manager to quit the program. On rare occassions I get a start up
CMAX101.DLL read of address error(s) warning and then Pov won't start at all.
Subsequent attempts at starting the program prove unsuccesful and the system
requires a full reboot to obtain functionality again.

  As I see it the CMAX101.DLL file is a little buggy but not crippled.

Windows 98, Pentium 200MMX, 128mb, POVWin v3.1a.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net