POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New feature idea -- Comments invited : Re: New feature idea -- Comments invited Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New feature idea -- Comments invited
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 9 Feb 1999 21:56:50
Message: <36BFA3DE.45658CBC@flash.net>
I don't think this would be tragic.  A cross-platform core could
be supplimented with external libraries.  I don't see a bit problem
with this -- those wishing to publish public code will stick to the
core, while individual users will be able to exploit what is available
for their particular system.  It's better than holding everyone to
a minimal common denominator.

Things which encourage innovation and experimentation should in general
be pursued, not avoided.

Dan

--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/