POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV-Ray 3.1 for Windows editor bug : Re: POV-Ray 3.1 for Windows editor bug Server Time
28 Sep 2024 11:02:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.1 for Windows editor bug
From: Ken
Date: 6 Feb 1999 22:01:06
Message: <36BD01B6.80E5438F@pacbell.net>
Peter Popov wrote:

> Has anyone encountered the following problem: when a selection is cut
> into the clipboard and has not been pasted yet, using ctrl-y to delete
> a line clears the clipboard contents.Please tell me if it's replicable
> so that I can send an official bug report.
>
> Peter

This is a common characteristic of many word processing programs.
MS dos edit and many others use that key combination to cut a line
of text to the buffer which will indeed replace whatever was in there.
If you want to remove a line without putting it in the buffer place
the cursor at the beginning of the line, hold the shift key then
press the end button (or use the mouse to highlight the desired text),
release the keys and hit delete. If you hold the shift key while the
text is highlighted and hit the delete key it too will cut the text
into the buffer.

In conclusion this is not a bug it is a feature.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet