POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : hypothetical question... : Re: hypothetical question... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hypothetical question...
From: portelli
Date: 4 Feb 1999 13:47:08
Message: <36BA16C0.98FF8E6B@pilot.msu.edu>
Except the experts say quantum computers would only be good for certain
things.  Like searching mega databases or cracking keys.  Some
applications would not run well on a computer will more than two bits.
I don't know how rendering would work here.  I read that a quantum
computer would search a database by looking at all of the entries at one
time.  So maybe one could render every pixel at once?!