POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : soft text : Re: soft text Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:11:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: soft text
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 4 Feb 1999 11:02:17
Message: <36B9C31B.465BF2F@xs4all.nl>
Nieminen Mika wrote:

> Remco de Korte <rem### [at] xs4allnl> wrote:
> : Nieminen Mika wrote:
> :>   But I received a very convincing answer: Reading true-type fonts is a lot
> :> easier. That's a good point.
>
> : Hey man, you made your point. I've taken the thing offline so everone who is
> : still interested can mail me and I'll explain the way it works so you can write
> : your own version on whatever platform you like.
>
>   It seems to be a very common problem. I mean people not reading what one
> says.

It's hard to read what one says.
Besides the question was no problem, the way it was put was. Repeatingly asking
WHY seems like there's something very seriously going wrong, while I was just
trying to contribute. What you could have offered as a critique was that there
was a small bug in the program and that it could use some extra functionality.
So, you play with your thing and I'll play with mine and as far as I'm concerned
that's the end of it. I could do without your way of making remarks.

>   I repeat: Your answer was very convincing and now I know why is it so much
> easier to make it a win95 program.
>   I didn't think

oh, well, never mind...

Remco