POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : hypothetical question... : Re: hypothetical question... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hypothetical question...
From: Stephen Lavedas
Date: 3 Feb 1999 23:19:40
Message: <36B91FEE.E8F54A2A@virginia.edu>
hehehe I hope... but Quantum computers are such a GIANT leap forward,
that I don't think we can conceive of a rendering application that would
take long enough to bother one...Current computers would take 1000's of
years to crack RSA encryption...With quantum computers cracking it in
under and hour (I remember 20 minutes vaguely, and someone else posted
11 seconds) the jump is incredible... Have you ever started a 1000 year
render?  I don't think so... (except maybe that one Spider sent... it
never did finish the bounding boxes on my computer)

Steve