POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : question to the Gurus : Re: question to the Gurus Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: question to the Gurus
From: Stephen Lavedas
Date: 1 Feb 1999 19:40:16
Message: <36B64977.ECAAB13F@virginia.edu>
Ken got it right in the images section.  Your problem is a lack of
anti-aliasing.  You should be able to clear up your problem by using
some.  If you are using the windows version, it is as simple as changing
your render settings (up in the top left corner) in Dos or another
command line environment you need to add the command line switches that
Bob suggested.  There aren't any REAL cuts in the cylinders, they are
just what are called display artifacts (it is a display with discrete
elements (pixels), therefor a true analog image is hard to produce
without added calculations (ie AntiAliasing) even then, it isn't
perfect)

Steve