POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Looks_like object with Normal = Strange things : Re: Looks_like object with Normal = Strange things Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:09:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looks_like object with Normal = Strange things
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 1 Feb 1999 16:24:56
Message: <36B61B90.DAEB47F0@aol.com>
Don't know what you mean about the DOC saying a 'looks_like{OBJECT}'
should only be "dark".
It is always 'shadowless', but usually people want such a thing to show
up, such as a (not totally transparent) light bulb. This way it is
visible and casts no shadow itself, only the 'light_source' does.
Adding a 'normal' and scaling it very small in relation to overall
OBJECT size can help to make a semi-transparent object more visible.
If you have to have an invisible looks_like{OBJECT}, then turn down the
normal value or don't use one at all.
Hope this is what you are saying, that you think the looks_like remains
invisible and it isn't doing so for what you are trying.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob