POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stats Dos/Win : Re: Stats Dos/Win Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:12:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stats Dos/Win
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 1 Feb 1999 07:43:54
Message: <36B5A074.7149C5D6@peak.edu.ee>
Actually, the difference is much less than 10% between DOS and Win,
provided you have enough memory and care to tweak your system settings a
bit. On my machine, skyvase (640x480 AA) took 1:12 (DOS) and 1:14 (Win).
Still, there's no denying Win is a recource hog and a no-no for large
scenes.
Perhaps sb. could give the results on Linux/Unix as a comparison? I am
considering getting Linux; this might be a nice incentive to take the
trouble.

Margus