POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stats Dos/Win : Re: Stats Dos/Win Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:16:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stats Dos/Win
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 31 Jan 1999 17:24:43
Message: <36B4D89E.40B570A3@compuserve.com>
Spider wrote :

> Dos-Stats
> Memory : 6 194 964
> Parse  : 20.0 seconds
> Trace  : 8 minutes   3.0 seconds
> Time   : 8 minutes  23.0 seconds
>
> Win-Stats
> Memory : 6 191 008
> Parse  : 27 seconds
> Trace  : 8 minutes   56.0 seconds
> Time   : 9 minutes   23.0 seconds
>
> As you can see there is not much difference between the two.

"not much" ?  Well, 10% faster is appreciated on longish renderings...
It gives more than 2 hours difference in a not-so-rare-for-me 24 h
render...  Also, the DOS version (if clean DOS boot) gives more
useable memory to POV.  Appreciated by people who have 32 megs or so.
(I got 128 Mb, but still prefer the dos "interface" in most cases).

Cheers,
Fabien.