POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Reasons for crashing? : Reasons for crashing? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:12:41 EDT (-0400)
  Reasons for crashing?
From: Graham Redway
Date: 31 Jan 1999 14:49:34
Message: <36B4B2E5.9E7DBD07@redways.freeserve.co.uk>
All,
	Can anyone explain why POVray will render a scene OK 2 or 3 times and
then hang after Parsing when it starts the bounding on any attempt after
that? I'm using approx. 8000 spheres and nothing else. Is it that my
limited 32Mb of RAM, is inadequate for this sort of purpose? I would try
it on another computer but the P66 is even slower and my PII workstation
is dead, waiting for the fairies to provide it with it's new h-d.

Here are some details:
P166MMX
32Mb RAM
Running Win95 OSR2 <sigh>
Win-POV 3.1a
...erm. erm.

I'm getting fed up with rebooting so any help would be appreciated. I'm
also near suicidal using a laptop keyboard and trackpoint but that's
unsolvable.

	Graham.

Sorry for the dire English, grammar is not my strong point.