POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Attn: Spider : Re: Attn: Spider Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Attn: Spider
From: Spider
Date: 30 Jan 1999 21:15:06
Message: <36B3BB8E.92DD81A8@bahnhof.se>
Hello group.
I am aware of the problem, and of HOW it came to be.
But I am not familiar with any way of getting RID of it..

I am using Netscape 4.5 as a newsreader, and web-browser..
I know that the error ocurred when I had installed JDK 1.2 that included the JAVA 1.2
plugin.
It then messed up the settings, and all my messages was shown as Binary.
So, to get rid of this, I set the view-> character set to user-defined, since that was
the
thing that worked and showed my mail.

Then, I uninstalled JDK, and the plugin, but I haven't been able to _save_ any
settings
since.
The character set always returns to user defined, whatever I do.

Does anyone know how to fix this mess for me ???
I haven't opened the registry yet, since it is generally a mess to find all occurances
there..

All help appreciated, and once more, I do not wish to cause any trouble for you out
there.

In need of help,
//Spider