POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Question for the Gurus : Re: Question for the Gurus Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question for the Gurus
From: Josh English
Date: 30 Jan 1999 14:09:36
Message: <36B359D8.AEDF5ED4@spiritone.com>
That sounds right... in the first example there is a small slice of the plane that is
causing a second application of the ior value... as in this example:

 cylinder { z*-3,z*0, 3
            pigment { rgbf <1,0.7,0.7,1> }
            interior { ior 1.95 }
          }

 cylinder { z*13,z*0, 1
            pigment { rgbf <1,0.7,0.7,1> }
            interior { ior 1.95 }
          }

when you render this you can see that the smaller cylinder is causing a similar
effect.

Josh

eng### [at] spiritonecom