POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : htmlflame=on : Re: htmlflame=on Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:14:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: htmlflame=on
From: Josh English
Date: 29 Jan 1999 10:58:16
Message: <36B1DB7E.8B38036E@spiritone.com>
Boy is this getting ugly.<paranoid delusion> First of all, HTML in newsgroups is
Netscape's and Microsofts way of trying to "upgrade" the quality of newsgroups,
and also force everyone to use their products.</paranoid delusion> Their
marketing departments probably think that if people want to read a newsgroup bad
enough and that newsgroup has HTML posts, then they'll start using HTML savvy
news readers.

Hey, these are marketing people, what can I say.

I personally use Netscape to read this newsgroup becauseI like the feel of it. I
don't know anybody who likes it and they all use other programs to read news. I
don't like them. I've tried them. I was once concerned that I was posting
messages in HTML and then being ignored for it. I changed my preferences to
always send in text (and hopefully it's still doing it) because I know a lot of
people here don't have HTML savvy readers,and don't want them.

Newsgroups are for text. If people want HTML they'll set up a javascript
bulleten board for the world wide web.

Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom