POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Error in animating hight fields? : Re: Error... more detailed description Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Error... more detailed description
From: Dr  Karl-Heinz Pape
Date: 29 Jan 1999 07:34:00
Message: <36B1AAF3.3C2FBFCD@batech.de>
Hello the Group!
Here is a more detailed description of the error:
I have a union of a hight field together with a plane I use as a sky.
With the first frame of an animation the keyword no_shadow is recognized
with the sky plane.
With all following frames of an animation loop the objects of that union
are
treated as only one "frame level object" resulting in the keyword
no-shadow
being ignored!
I'll have the sample file attatched to this message. (Hope you will be
able to read it...)
Run this file with any kind of animation loop. I took out all references
to the clock
variable so it does not matter what clock values you will use...
I for myself have cured the problem by eliminating the union (which is
originally inside
an include file) and installing the objects separately. The png of the
hight field I have changed to the standard png which is in the POVRay
distribution.
Have a nice weekend
       Karl-Heinz

Post a reply to this message