POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sunny plasma in POV-Ray? : Sunny plasma in POV-Ray? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:14:31 EDT (-0400)
  Sunny plasma in POV-Ray?
From: Ole Laursen
Date: 28 Jan 1999 09:50:59
Message: <36B07A60.54A14E5A@mail.aalborghus.dk>
Hi!

I'm trying to create a sun in POV-Ray and I need a red-orange-yellow texture for
the surface. The problem is that I want to animate it so that it looks like the
sun is... erm... boiling? (damn! I forgot my Danish-English dictionary) I think
one of those plasma effects that you always see in demos, will do, but is it
possible to make this in POV-Ray?

BTW I need to make a cyclic animation with the sun (for a game), so is it
somehow possible to tile the surface so that I only need to rotate the
sun-sphere for instance 90 or 180 degrees?

I'm currently using a partially transparent, bozo patterned textured sphere with
a few medias to get the right 'feeling' of surrounding gas...

--
+- Ole Laursen - Aalborg, Denmark - 98z### [at] aalborghusdk --+
| A barber in an ancient city shaved all those who did not  |