POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : USER DOCUMENTATION PROJECT : USER DOCUMENTATION PROJECT Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  USER DOCUMENTATION PROJECT
From: Anthony Bennett
Date: 27 Jan 1999 23:47:20
Message: <36AFECEF.9B5564AE@panama.phoenix.net>
First off, hello. =)

Second, I'd like to know if the POV-team has officially oked the
project.

I myself am quite interested in what could result. This would finally
allow me to grasp blobs and media. It would benefit many others too. I
like the book idea. I think it should pay for itself. Profits should go
back into printing and updating. That way, it could be eternally
maintained, refined, and reprinted.

I want to contribute my translation skills to 'port' it to Spanish, when
finished, as I have several friends who are lost in this
English-speaking world. I am also contributing my rendering time for the
generation of images for the help file.

I want to comment how I feel it should be presented. I think that this
should be a sort of plug-in type system, where you download a basic help
file along with the binaries, and then succesively download
'help-packages' that expand on the central help file, which, in turn,
contains a link to each plug-in that activates as each one becomes
available. Each section should sufficiently cover each area and have an
example image wherever necessary and helpful. I think that it should
have beginner and advanced (for all mad-physicists out there)
explanations for each subject. This should be, above all, a labor of
love, offered to all freely.

Thank you. =)

http://members.xoom.com/TonyBennett
sno### [at] usanet