POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Linux SMP-Demo with povray : Linux SMP-Demo with povray Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:16:29 EDT (-0400)
  Linux SMP-Demo with povray
From: Juergen Schmidt
Date: 27 Jan 1999 08:08:58
Message: <36AF0FE7.BA4EC8C9@ct.heise.de>
Hello,

I want to do a demo for linux SMP-capabilities on a highend SMP-box with
povray.

Therefor I have a couple of questions:

- does povray support multithreading, or do I still have to split the
image into sepate processes.

- is there a decent frontend to split up the task for a SMP-box ?

- I read there is an unofficial port of 3.1a. Is it worth trying that
instead of the official version, i.E. do I get any benefit on a
SMP-machine? Does it compile/work with Linux 2.2?

- Does anybody know other programs to *visualize* SMP on Linux?

thanks for your time, juergen

PS: Please CC to my mail-address as this news-server is hard to reach
sometimes.

--
Juergen Schmidt   Redakteur/editor  c't magazin
Verlag Heinz Heise GmbH & Co KG, Helstorferstr. 7, D-30625 Hannover