POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Reflection vectors ? : Re: Reflection vectors ? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:14:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflection vectors ?
From: Ken
Date: 25 Jan 1999 04:11:36
Message: <36AC353D.64C3B29E@pacbell.net>
Mike wrote:

> OK, you got me on brick, mandle, wrinkles and onion.  Hexagon was a typo
> and average technically isn't a pattern.  Planar, boxed, cylinderical
> and spherical don't work anymore, unless they work with the version
> directive.
>
> -Mike

   I've got the below list commented out at the top of textures.inc
for easy reference. It's easier than trying to find them all in
the documentation.
   The patterens you mentioned needing the version directive I was
not aware that that was true. They are almost mandatory pattern types
for media if you want it to work correctly. I have tried many of the
original patteren types with media and the results were almost solid
with no scattering characteristics (see my recent post in the images
group - Candle flame - Help) which used radial as a pattern type.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet