POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Dual processors? : Re: Dual processors? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:29:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dual processors?
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 21 Jan 1999 08:08:30
Message: <36A726CE.A5DA777A@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Mike Varley wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> Does Povray make use of two processors and if so does having two
> processors speed things up much?
> What about running under WinNT? How does this affect performance?
>
> Cheers
>
> Mike

This is maybe a also worth an entry to the VFAQ. This question has been
asked several times before.

None of the official builds do!
For Linux (I guess this is only for Linux maybe for UNIX in general as
well (Hi Mika! ;-)  )) exists a version called PVMpov which i slocated
at

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/6386/pvmpov/index.html

About NT I can't say anything. Never used it.

Maybe this answer helps.

Marc
--
Marc Schimmler