POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : stare_at? : Re: stare_at? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:32:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stare_at?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 21 Jan 1999 02:47:29
Message: <36A6DB8D.FFB19B05@aol.com>
I've long since thought of your second "idea".
I see no way of doing it yet. Unless of course by specifying a grid of
points manually for a scene (a still scene at that for ease) and
inputing these numbers somehow as the look_at changes.
My thoughts were not exactly about a render of an eye, more so a camera
iris for animations with varying light levels and thus adjustment to the
illumination.
Heck, how many people have thought about this? Plenty I bet.
Funny thing is, in Basic programming you could choose a point and relay
the color number info. An expanded version of this is what would be
needed.
Point is, you would have to do this in a difficult manner if at all via
include and external files only way I see it. The fact that you'd want
an area, not point, equated is all the worse.
Probably the only feasible method will come from programming it in as a
feature part of POV-Ray itself, which I could see happening if it were
the point only scenario. Not so easy if the necessary "area" scenario,
and I'm not talking about point lights being accounted for in a certain
ever-narrowed direction but the brightness/dimness of textured objects
as well.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob