POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : stare_at? : stare_at? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:35:34 EDT (-0400)
  stare_at?
From: Phil Clute
Date: 20 Jan 1999 01:06:59
Message: <36A573C0.11FF06E4@tiac.net>
First of all ignore my last message! Entitled ty. It was just a dumb
mistake!
One of many I assure you. My appologies for wasting news-group space.
And now for the real stuff...
As a learning project I've started making an Eye.inc, it's basically an
eye object
where you can change the iris texture and pupil size at this point. But
I would
also like to be able to point the eye in a direction as though it's
looking at another
object. I know, I know rotate is the obvious answer, but it would be
cool if I could
use a vector like look_at in camera{}so that I could just specify a
point. This
would be handy when animating and a bit simpler to follow, or at least
that's the
idea.
    Am I making this more complicated than it needs to be?
Speaking of complicated...I have a crazy idea of detecting light-sources
so that
the pupil can adjust appropriately, automatically... I did say it was
crazy. Any
suggestions here would be helpful too...but don't strain yourself, this
is just for
my learning purposes anyhow.
            thanks in advance