POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to speed up rendering? : Re: How to speed up rendering? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:11:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to speed up rendering?
From: Ken
Date: 19 Jan 1999 21:57:31
Message: <36A5458A.54C254A4@pacbell.net>
Lance Birch wrote:

> Don't quote me on this... (I haven't used POV-Ray since I got MAX, so I
> don't know if this still works...)
>
> Can you use the bounded_by statement still?  This would be one way to speed
> up the CSGs...  or does POV-Ray do this automatically now?
>
> --
> Lance.
>
> ---
> For the latest MAX plug-ins, images and much more, go to:
> The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone

Please note:

My suggestions have concentrated on the hardware end of speeding
up the rendering process. I don't feel that tweeking the code
as anything but a crutch. Limiting the capabilities of any
software by not using it's features is limiting your abilities
to use the program to it's fullest extent. For me there is no
feature I will not use just because it takes a little longer.
Don't let your hardware become a bottle neck. Starve the children
and buy a faster machine. That's my motto.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet