POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay Development : Re: PovRay Development Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:27:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay Development
From: Tim Soderstrom
Date: 19 Jan 1999 19:16:26
Message: <36A51FE3.301F336F@sitc.net>
Kyle wrote:

> Hi everyone.  I was wondering...is PovRay still in development?  If
> so, does anyone know when the next version will be released?  Any idea
> of new features or advancements?
>                     Kyle

Yes, it is still being developed, and, no, we don't know when the next
version is to be released. Also, it's probably best if you don't ask the
Pov-Team. Like Linux stuff, Pov-Ray has no dates (and sometimes so many
ask, they get offended, heh :) You can't really blame them.

The newest verison, however, is 3.1a (and that is only for DOS and
Windows - officially, but soon...). That version, however, just came out
a few months ago...so a new release is probably a ways off, except a
Linux version, and maybe a small version step to correct bugs (IE 3.11
or something...)