POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New Media tutorial : Re: New Media tutorial Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:32:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Media tutorial
From: Ken
Date: 18 Jan 1999 17:33:44
Message: <36A3B641.1B020AC8@pacbell.net>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> Great tut, Mike. Bad media. Say it with me everyone, "Bad media, bad!"
> I didn't find mention of sky_sphere there so I will mention it here. It
> seems to me that an infinite background is impossible to work with when
> using the uncontained form of media; meaning 'sky_sphere', 'plane' (as
> ground or floor only), or 'background' are not compatible to the
> atmospheric media idea.
> If I use a regular sphere or box as a massive sky container replacement
> the media is far more useable it seems.
>
> Mike, you might have the most "damaging evidence" tutorial against media
> out there but it's a good one none-the-less!

Not altogether true. I'm going to be posting a small image in the
images group today that uses the background color feature. The
media container will again be a single hollow plane with the camera
inside of the planes normal. It is possible to have the virtual backgroud
objects work with media as you will see later on.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet