POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New Media tutorial : Re: New Media tutorial Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:28:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Media tutorial
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 18 Jan 1999 15:45:09
Message: <36A39D40.21B7193@aol.com>
Great tut, Mike. Bad media. Say it with me everyone, "Bad media, bad!"
I didn't find mention of sky_sphere there so I will mention it here. It
seems to me that an infinite background is impossible to work with when
using the uncontained form of media; meaning 'sky_sphere', 'plane' (as
ground or floor only), or 'background' are not compatible to the
atmospheric media idea.
If I use a regular sphere or box as a massive sky container replacement
the media is far more useable it seems.

Mike, you might have the most "damaging evidence" tutorial against media
out there but it's a good one none-the-less!

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob