POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sense to media "air"? : Re: Sense to media "air"? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:37:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sense to media "air"?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 16 Jan 1999 02:26:16
Message: <36A03F02.BBFD535F@aol.com>
Alas... I know poor Mike, through AOLs POV Chat, well. (Shakespearian,
don't ya think?)

I've long since seen and re-seen those tutorial pages and it's
unfortunate I can't make head nor tails of media even looking at other
examples. It keeps defying my sense of logic. I'm still thinking it's a
learning experience needed, halo and atmosphere in 3.0* was likewise, as
is anything.
From what I've been able to tell so far though 3.1 is not a perfect step
up, as media can be much slower to produce an equal smoothness it seems.
Well, not to be a whiner or anything, I just agree with many apparently
that a quick and versatile method of using media in it's variety of ways
has become a holy grail to seek out.
Color manipulation of media is, itself, like a whole new world.