POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : News Reader : Re: News Reader Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:39:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: News Reader
From: Ron Parker
Date: 15 Jan 1999 11:27:18
Message: <369f6c66.0@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 14 Jan 1999 18:12:53 -0500, Mike Metheny <lon### [at] vtedu> wrote:
>Or you could always use Outlook Express's newsreader.  I've never had a
>problem with it; but I use Free Agent as well; just not for the pov ng
>server :>

SLRN!  There's nothing like a good console-mode newsreader.  Among
the features that distinguish it from Agent: it actually understands
crossposts, and only forces you to read them once.  It can do scoring,
rather than just outright killing, based on real regular expressions.
It's open-source.  It doesn't promote tooth decay.  And it renders
HTML posts and vcards in a way that makes it perfectly clear that
they are pure garbage.