POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Alpha Bending : Re: Alpha Bending Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alpha Bending
From: Nieminen Mika
Date: 12 Jan 1999 04:22:28
Message: <369b1454.0@news.povray.org>
Nick DePalma <Gli### [at] nashvillecom> wrote:
: I have heard about Alpha Bending through a friend, he said he wasn't
: sure about the name, but if you've seen the movie Predator it's how he
: looked.  It kinda displaced the background and when it stayed still it
: was totally transparent, and when it moved, you could tell..  any help
: on this would be great, I'm trying to get that texture in Povray if you
: can help there also.

  There must be a confusion here.
  Alpha blending is the operation you do when you mix two pixels of
different colors with a specific weight (don't know if it's the right term...).
This way you can superimpose a semi-transparent image over another
backgroung image.
  I think that what you are talking about is a displacement map.

: Please email me the response since I never go back to news groups, too
: many new msgs to sort through you know :-).

  Sorry, don't know how to send both article and email from tin...

--
main(i){char*_="BdsyFBThhHFBThhHFRz]NFTITQF|DJIFHQhhF";while(i=
*_++)for(;i>1;printf("%s",i-70?i&1?"[]":" ":(i=0,"\n")),i/=2);} /*- Warp. -*/