POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Alpha Bending : Re: Alpha Bending Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alpha Bending
From: Steve Vogel
Date: 12 Jan 1999 20:09:04
Message: <369C2276.465C@iconn.net>
any chance that an object with a refractive index > 1.0 , no
reflections,  no phong, & no absorption could accomplish what you're
looking for?

texture{
   pigment{
      color rgbt <0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0>  // black but compleatly
transparent
      }
   finish{
      reflection 0.0                   // no reflection
      refraction 1                     // refracts light
      ior 1.7                          // index of refraction greater
than air
      }
}

I think it's the effect you're looking for

Steve  (you know the drill, remove the SPAM)