POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Check out the stats!!!!!!!! : Re: Check out the stats!!!!!!!! Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:15:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Check out the stats!!!!!!!!
From: Ken
Date: 12 Jan 1999 01:35:54
Message: <369AECD4.93740D6D@pacbell.net>
Mark Radosevich wrote:

> > > What purpose do these stats serve ?
>
> Absolutely none, other than to provide distraction, which is the purpose of
> the internet anyway, so it's okay.
>
> > > What purpose do these stats serve ?
>
> Wait a minute -- you were making a point there, weren't you?!? Ahh-ha-ha, I
> get it. Hey, that's pretty good. You know, I -- oh. I'll stop talking now.
>
> -Mark R.

  There was a point to be made. Not that I'm all that skilled as a statistician
I do know that when one takes the time to gather and correlate information
it should be done with an attempt to convey some value. I do show up as the
top poster and won't begin for a moment to deny it. If you look closely you
will also notice the great number of my posts are done in reply and not as
thread starts.

  I have been using the program a long time and have gained the wisdom of
both time and on the job experience. I feel it's my contribution back to the
Pov community to help others down the path of enlightenment. I also love
the fact that this is a closed server and I don't have to worry that with every
post I make that I will receive a piece of junk mail in return.

  I have spent a lot of personal time keeping my bookmark file up to date,
partially to help myself, but mostly to help others out there find the info and
utilities that makes using the program that much easier. Someday I might
even get a few bucks ahead and will sponsor a web page with the scope of
Twyst's site. Perhaps not.

  So getting to the point ! And you thought that would never happen ?

  While it may look like I am an extroverted bucket mouth the stats do
not necessarily reflect the greater unselfish truth behind the numbers nor
due they reflect my motivation for having done so. I would like to thank
those who have taken the time to help me and those who have said thank
you in reply here for my help and through the private emails I have received.
Those thanks are motivation enough for me to continue being a friendly,
helpful, and giving person in this community.

Keep on tracing on everyone.

Ken Tyler