POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Check out the stats!!!!!!!! : Re: Check out the stats!!!!!!!! Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:24:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Check out the stats!!!!!!!!
From: Mark Radosevich
Date: 12 Jan 1999 00:53:44
Message: <369AE3E0.8327FD5A@randolph.spa.edu>
The stats are (clearly) not perfect; some posts were deleted; of those, I have
some in my Netscape window but not all. For example, I can't find Ken's post
with these questions(!) Should I add it to the list? I dunno. ...Not that it matters.

> > What purpose do these stats serve ?

Absolutely none, other than to provide distraction, which is the purpose of
the internet anyway, so it's okay.

> > How many were on/off topic ?

Erm... I dunno. Most, I hope, but the biggest threads were not on topic. Every
now and then someone starts some tangent somehow, (I think I'll major in
tangents, or something,) and everyone joins in.

> > What purpose do these stats serve ?

Weird... I thought you asked this one before. Let's just say I was bored.

> > What is the percentage per person of on/off topic posts

Ahh, this is an excellent question, but I don't know. There are some people
who tend to post more off topic than on. There are a few people who tend to
revive dead threads (usually off topic ones).

> > What purpose do these stats serve ?

Deja vu all over again... I refuse to divulge that information.

> > How many were helped by the posted reply/message ?

The vast majority of threads that began with a question had their question
answered several times. I think that's good. Some questions have never been
answered, and probably never will. Some questions that have been answered are
answered again, redundantly, several months after the question was asked...

> > What purpose do these stats serve ?

Uhh, you're not bitter that you top the list, are you?

> > Who has the most in say the.programming group ?

I dunno -- I don't read that thread 'cause POV-Ray is as far as I've gotten
into programming, and I don't do much programming in POV-Ray... but someone
else answered this one anyway.

> > What purpose do these stats serve ?

Wait a minute -- you were making a point there, weren't you?!? Ahh-ha-ha, I
get it. Hey, that's pretty good. You know, I -- oh. I'll stop talking now.

-Mark R.