POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Far objects are pruned???!!! : Re: Far objects are pruned???!!! Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:42:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Far objects are pruned???!!!
From: george erhard
Date: 10 Jan 1999 15:48:23
Message: <36991279.89AE1B71@NOSPAM.pacbell.net>
Well, I do know the "sky sphere" object is "infinite" in that it remains the same
distance
'away' no matter how much you move stuff around, AND it makes the 'scene' the center
of the
sphere no matter where the cartesian system SAYS the scene is located.

Was unaware that normal spheres did that if you put the camera inside them.... will
have to
experiment.

As for planes, well... they are a finite distance "away" along one axis, but extend
infinitely in the other two.  We could also argue that the x, y, and z 'vectors' are
also
infinite, but being one-dimensional, wouldn't do us much good as objects...

(I think i should pick up that old copy of Euclid and see if I can't render a few of
the
proofs... that should keep me safely in the padded cell for months. :)

--
 george erhard
 microsoft certified system engineer

 remove "nospam" from domain when replying