POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : elegant turns......? : elegant turns......? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:24:45 EDT (-0400)
  elegant turns......?
From: Chris Field
Date: 10 Jan 1999 09:07:15
Message: <3698b413.0@news.povray.org>
hello all,
its hard to explain the problem....basically what im trying to achieve is to
have the camera flying along over a landscape. this is easy enough going in
a straight line, but turning is giving me trouble.

i can easily stop and execute a rather jerky 90 degree turn...but an elegant
sweeping turn would be ideal.
also to have the camera tilt as it goes through the turn would be perfect...

now im sure this can be done with a complex mathematical equation coupled
with some funky #if statements....but its beyond me.

i cant find any equations which can do what i want easily, despite having
lots of big maths books from uni..
do i have to do this the hard way or is there an incredibly easy method?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris.

* Funky cheap t-shirts (irrelevant) *
http://surf.to/quarter-mile