POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : DWG -> DXF ? : Re: DWG -> DXF ? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DWG -> DXF ?
From: Alain CULOS
Date: 10 Jan 1999 14:13:59
Message: <3698E1AF.7C59BCE3@bigfoot.com>
Yuri Dario wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Dec 1998 23:29:24, Alain CULOS <ZAl### [at] bigfootcom>
> wrote:
>
> > Anyone there would know off-hand of a free converter for Win95 from
> > *.DWG to *.DXF or any other format that I could eventually import in
> > POV.
>
> look at www.opendwg.org; you can subscribe for free as guest and
> download the DCONVERT utility that can convert files from dwg to dxf
> (and dxf->dwg); it is compatible with AutoCAD 14.
> The binaries run only under Win32, but it is easy to build a binary
> for another platform.

Yeehee !
Thank you.

DCONVERT did the job, this site is pretty cool, I also fetched the DXF
format spec, sometime I'll read that as well.
Now I have a problem much more complex to solve : the DXF files I have
are blueprints of plans, the Z data is kept to 0 all across, is there
any easy to use freely available program that would help me make walls
out of lines, or should I just start doing it myself (for it to be
done in who knows how many
years).

Best regards,
Al.

--
ANTI SPAM / ANTI ARROSAGE COMMERCIAL :

To answer me, please take out the Z from my address.