POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Trees.. Again : Re: Trees.. Again Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trees.. Again
From: Ken
Date: 9 Jan 1999 05:56:53
Message: <36973589.E9899C50@pacbell.net>
Spider wrote:

> btw. Anyone has a good grass texture / include ??
> Those I've seen so far cause too big render/parse times...
>
> //Spider

 I have made some fairly realistic grass using height fields. The
memory hit is MUCH less than the proceedural method. I posted
the source with height field image in the scene files group some
time ago. Look for "Pov On Grass" in the above mentioned group
for the image and an example scene usage.

If your set up to purge files after a ertain date try using the ftp
access. The articles are all still here.

http://www.povray.org/cgi-bin/dnewsweb?cmd=listall&group=povray

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet