POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Happy Newyear : Re: Happy Newyear Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Happy Newyear
From: Lance Birch
Date: 7 Jan 1999 23:15:21
Message: <36958659.0@news.povray.org>
I hate to tell you this, but you're still wrong.  It would make no sense to
have a year 0 because the "first" year is 1st, meaning, you can't have a 0th
year...  Otherwise the year wouldn't exist.  0 is just the point in time,
not a whole year.

So, when you were first born, were you instantly 1 year old?  Or more to the
point, during your 1st year of life, were you still 0 years old?  Of course
you weren't (well, at least I don't think so...).  0 is the point you were
born, and from there on you're in your 1st year of existance, so, if we
based a calendar on you, 0 would be the point at which you were born, and
the first year would be 1.  So, 2000 years later, the 2000th year has to
finish completely before 2000 years have passed, otherwise it's like saying
that when you were born you were already one year old.

See?

Well, personally, I've had enough fun here and this thread is getting way
too long, so I'm shutting up now.

--
Lance.

---
For the latest MAX plug-ins, images and much more, go to:
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone