POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Twysted.net soon to be history ! : Re: Twysted.net soon to be history ! Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:25:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Twysted.net soon to be history !
From: Ron Parker
Date: 7 Jan 1999 15:14:42
Message: <369515b2.0@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 7 Jan 1999 14:58:28 -0500, Maleko <mar### [at] ncxcom> wrote:
>Julius Klatte wrote in message <36950e7a.0@news.povray.org>...
[...]
>>Now, who will take over Twyst's full-time job as POV sources
>>collector? Anyone?
[...]
>Actually twyst's job will still be done by twyst, just at povray.org instead
>of twysted.net

In IRC chat with Twyst last night, I asked specifically about the fate of
PatchStation.  What will happen hasn't been entirely determined, but he and
I agree that it probably wouldn't fit in on www.povray.org.  Many of the
patches will live on on their original pages, but I know of at least two,
maybe three patches (including the Superpatch) that are only available there.
Don't worry: there are enough people who think PatchStation is a useful
resource to keep it going in some form after the demise of its current
incarnation.