POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Happy Newyear : Re: Happy Newyear Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:11:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Happy Newyear
From: Julius Klatte
Date: 6 Jan 1999 20:13:35
Message: <36940a3f.0@news.povray.org>
>Nope.  Even assuming human history began anywhere close to
2000 years
>ago, which we're pretty sure it hasn't, one year from now
we will be
>just beginning the 2000th year AD.

What does the christian religion say? (I don't know anything
about religious stuff)
Was good old Christ born in the year 0 or 1? And why wasn't
he born on january the 1st? If we weren't even able to get
the /year/ right (cause some people believe he was born in 4
BC, well not BC, because he wasn't born before he was
born.... never mind :) then why are we so precise on the
/day/? It would be much simpler to start counting the years
from his birth on jan. 1st.

Maybe we should make comprimise.... let's say the birth took
a while... like 4 years from 4 BC to 0 (that's when his head
popped out) and he was all the way through in 1 AD...

interesting discussion... :)

Julius