POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help with camera declarations : Re: Help with camera declarations Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with camera declarations
From: Ken
Date: 6 Jan 1999 02:31:13
Message: <369310C9.C5ECDB85@pacbell.net>
Mike Metheny wrote:

> When working through a scene, I usually want to zoom in on various parts of
> my scene.  Right now I have various camera declarations commented out using
> /* */, and switch between them as needed.  How do I declare various camera
> positions/lookats in one easy declaration so i can just change camera_1 to
> camera_2 or whatever to switch?  I hope I'm making myself clear.
>
> Thanks guys!
>
> Mike Metheny

You can do it like this --

#declare Loc1 = <0,1,-10>;
#declare Loc2 = <1,1,-10>;
#declare Loc3 = <0,1,-15>;
#declare Loc4 = <1,1,-18>;
#declare Loc5 = <1,1,-17>;

#declare Look1 = <0,1,1>;
#declare Look2 = <1,1,1>;
#declare Look3 = <0,1,5>;
#declare Look4 = <1,1,9>;
#declare Look5 = <1,1,5>;

camera{location Loc1 look_at Look1}

This way once you have adjusted the numbers in the vectors
in the #declared statments you need change only two numbers,
for Loc and Look, and you have a new view.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet