POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray 3.1 for Unix : Re: Povray 3.1 for Unix Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:50:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 3.1 for Unix
From: George Ganoe
Date: 5 Jan 1999 22:14:45
Message: <3692D544.5A0FBA40@visi.net>
Daren Scot Wilson wrote:

> George, are you the one and only offical POV-Team member using Linux?
> Are they "hiring"?

Apparently I am the only POV Team member who is using Linux and is aregular in
the Compuserve POVRAY forum.  As for hiring, I would
appreciate all of the help I can get.

> Are you sure you can pull it off along with your
> other obligations?   I know at least three people (including myself) who
> would love to help with the Linux version.

As far as being able to pull it off, I guess I have to since the rest of theteam
is counting on me to get a Linux distribution released.  Since the POV
teams home is on Compuserve, and there is a real scarcity of unix users there,
I intend to try and act as a liason between the team and the unix community
of users who interact here.

I am going to try and set up a mailing list for Linux (unix) POV users who
are interested in helping with the development necessary to keep their version
current.  I am concentrating primarily on the Linux release, since that is what
I use, but with the source for that, most unix users can create a runable build
for their own systems.  Anyone who would be interested in helping is welcome to
email me and I will consider putting you on the mailing list assuming I can get
one started.

                  George