POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Plans for 1999 (A word from our Sponsers) : Re: Plans for 1999 (A word from our Sponsers) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:10:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plans for 1999 (A word from our Sponsers)
From: minus
Date: 5 Jan 1999 14:02:45
Message: <36926FE3.47EC6961@ctrl-c.liu.se>
Ronald L. Parker wrote:
> I think perhaps VMS doesn't support dynamic linking, though
> I suspect there's no longer an official VMS version (if there ever
> was.)
As the creature working on a povray 3.1 port to OpenVMS I think I can
say that VMS isn't dead (yet). Around summer version 7.2 of VMS vill
enter the market. (there is even talk about FreeVMS, well, mostly talk)

As of dynamic linking I think you are correct in that it does not exist.
There is support of code-sharing between different processes but that is
not the same thing.

www.openvms.digital.com can tell more about the future of VMS.
Or if you are more interested in freeVMS then check out www.free.lp.se

minus