POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : First Strike at Pearl info page : Re: First Strike at Pearl info page Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First Strike at Pearl info page
From: Mike
Date: 4 Jan 1999 22:21:31
Message: <369184BB.477B4D26@aol.com>
Ken wrote:

> Your system date is off a day.

Pardon my French but MotherF*^$er!!!  I've had several people tell me it
was off and after several missed attempts I'm sure I got it right now.
I can't for the life of me understand why my message was listed as being
posted on Sunday.  I'm looking at my system date and time now and it
says Monday, January 4th, 1999, 9:14...crap, it says AM! ARGGGGGGGGH!!!!

Um, I got it fixed now.  Blood pressure dropping...sanity returning...

> I was working with fog in a recent image after trying unsuccessfully
> to get atmospheric media to work the way I wanted and thought
> to myself on more than one occassion how now it would be to
> be able to constrain the fog feature into a specific volume of space
> like you can media. The particle size used in the fog function is
> very nicely uniform in size and the density is controllable through
> filtering and transmission values. A few enhancements and more
> user control over that feature would make for great smoke,
> clouds, and various other similar items that have no real substance.
> The feasibibility of such an undertaking I no not but I can dream.

Actually, you can put fog in an object.  It fun to do too cause it's
fast.  The trick is to make an object and put some fog in it, then use
inverse.  Now the inside is outside and the outside is inside.   :)

-Mike