POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image mapping : Re: Image mapping Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image mapping
From: Ken
Date: 4 Jan 1999 21:40:39
Message: <36917B3C.99B458F0@pacbell.net>
Spider wrote:

> Hmm...
> I suffer a problem...
> my news server... *sigh*
> It is fast(satellite connection), has almost the whole news-series (all groups, few
> exceptions)
> But... The time limit is severe... it kills messages in a far more rapid way than is
> enjoyable, in high traffic groups, below 24 hours...
> Is there a news server on usenet that doesn't do this ???
>
> //Spider

 Mine is pretty good at holding messages. It too has the entire usenet
directory available. I get my sevrvice through my telephone comapany.
It's one of the Bell telephone subsidiaries that survived the AT&T
monopoly break up a few years back and they must have considerable
storage capabilities. Some groups have messages dating back a couple
of months. The VERY active ones, like the cracks groups, about 2 weeks.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet