POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Plans for 1999 (A word from our Sponsers) : Re: Plans for 1999 (A word from our Sponsers) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:17:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plans for 1999 (A word from our Sponsers)
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 4 Jan 1999 13:25:18
Message: <3691074B.EEDB4879@remove-this.reading.ac.uk>
Lance Birch wrote:
[snip]

> What I was thinking is to incorporate the Dll into the actual program (so
> it's no longer linked).  That way access to it would be faster also and it
> would save rewriting the Dll entry point for each OS.
>
> Just a thought anyway.
>
> --
> Lance.

I don't know about it being faster, but it is quite easy to move the
functionality of the (isosurface, in this case) DLL's into the main program.
In fact, I've been giving myself headaches by trying to put some functions
that I hard-coded into the v3.0 isosurface patch into DLL's to use with the
SuperPatch.
Oh well, I'll probably wait for updated SuperPatch code to be available and
hard-code the functions into that ...

    Mike Andrews.