POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Atmospheric Media : Atmospheric Media Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  Atmospheric Media
From: Darcy Johnston
Date: 3 Jan 1999 14:23:02
Message: <368fc396.0@news.povray.org>
Can anyone possibly offer any help here? I've been trying to setup some
atmosphere using media, hoping to have spotlighs running through it. I've
followed the examples files that came with the distribution, but I can't get
my light beams to show up in the media?

My media statement is:
media {
  intervals 40
  scattering { 1, rgb 0.02}
  samples 1, 10
  confidence 0.9999
  variance 1/1000
  ratio 0.9
}

And my lights are just spotlights with media_attenuation on. I've placed
regular cones to verify that the beams should be within my field of view,
but even though the cones show up, the beams never do (and yes, I have
removed the cones <g>).

Any help would be appreciated,
Darcy
djo### [at] inamecomNOSPAM