POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Plans for 1999 (A word from our Sponsers) : Re: Plans for 1999 (A word from our Sponsers) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:50:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plans for 1999 (A word from our Sponsers)
From: Lance Birch
Date: 2 Jan 1999 18:49:33
Message: <368eb08d.0@news.povray.org>
Yeah, that's what I meant.  Even if they aren't called Dlls, the
instructions in each operating system are still there to use a dynamically
linked library.  The only problem is that it would get annoying having to
convert the method of programing for each operating system.  For instance,
I'm sure Windows has a different Dll entry method than Linux or Unix does.
What I was thinking is to incorporate the Dll into the actual program (so
it's no longer linked).  That way access to it would be faster also and it
would save rewriting the Dll entry point for each OS.

Just a thought anyway.

--
Lance.

---
For the latest MAX plug-ins, images and much more, go to:
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone